Thank you for your interest in the role of Assistant Director of Early Help and Prevention. As part of our Borough Plan 2019 – 2023, the Priority vision which focuses on People is that Haringey is a place where strong families, strong networks and strong communities nurture all residents to live well and achieve their potential. For the Council to achieve this vision, Children’s Services are pivotal in supporting the delivery of the following outcomes:
- Best start in life: the first few years of every child’s life will give them the long-term foundations to thrive
- Happy childhood: all children across the borough will be happy and healthy as they grow up, feeling safe and secure in their family, networks and communities
- Every young person, whatever their background, has a pathway to success for the future
- All adults are able to live healthy and fulfilling lives, with dignity, staying active and connected in their communities
- Strong communities where people look out for and care for one another.
Now is an exciting time to join Children’s Services as we are on a journey of improvement. We want to continue this journey by building positive relationships with children, young people and families and with partner agencies. Our ethos is that we will be honest and open in our work whilst also showing respectful curiosity for children and young people’s best interests.
This role is fundamental in achieving our overall objective of providing the highest quality outcomes for children, young people and families. The purpose of this role is to lead and manage the Council's Early Help, SEND, Youth Offending and Youth Services for children, young people and families including working across the local partnership.
We are looking for a confident, empowering and inspiring individual who is passionate about improving the lives of children, young people and families. This is a rewarding and challenging role as it will require you to be adept at thinking strategically, capable of building links with and engaging and influencing a range of stakeholders as well as demonstrating credibility. You will also be an excellent leader of people, able to build high performing teams and a culture of continuous improvement through focusing on the development of yourself and your staff.
I see this role as a great opportunity to influence our future direction and the positive life changing services which we provide to children, young people and families in Haringey. If you have the drive, experience and skills to help us achieve our ambitions, I would be delighted to hear from you.
Director of Children’s Services